Thursday, October 13, 2011

RIDE WITH MY BOSS


RIDE WITH MY BOSS

Kahapon, after office hours, our boss Mr. Shahram offered us a ride. So me and my officemate, Kenneth gladly accepted the offer, para na din siyempre makatipid ng ilang dirham sa pamasahe sa bus. Habang binabagtas na naming ang kahabaan ng Sheikh Zayed Road, medyo napansin namin na mabagal ang daloy ng mga sasakyan dahil nga rush hour na, naalala ko tuloy ang mga panahong nasa Pinas pa ako. Hindi lang iisang beses ko naranasan ang maipit ng traffic sa EDSA. 

Siyempre, para malibang ay nagkukuwentuhan kami tungkol sa trabaho, kung ano ang mga dapat gawin at kung anu-ano pa. Dahil nga pare-pareho kaming mga pagod sa trabaho, medyo matamlay ang mood ng usapan naming. Hanggang sa dumating ang puntong wala na kaming masabi sa isa’t-isa at pare-pareho kaming tumahimik sa loob ng ilang minuto.
Siguro, dahil sa bagal ng daloy ng mga sasakyan ay nabored na din ang amok o kaya’t binuksan niya ang car stereo. Sa unang birada pa lamang ng kanta ay natawa na agad kami ni Kenneth dahil hindi naming pareho inaasahan ang tugtog.
Alam ninyo kung ano ‘yung kanta?... Unchained Melody by Matt Monroe.

Matt Monroe

Oh, my love, my darling 
I've hungered for you touch
A long, lonely time
And time goes by so slowly
And time can do so much
Are you still mine ?

I need your love,
I oh, I need your love
God speed your love to me 

Lonely rivers flow
To the sea, to the sea
To the open arms of the sea
Lonely rivers sigh,
Wait for me, wait for me 
I'll be coming home,
Wait for me 

Oh, my love, my darling
I've hungered, hungered
For your touch 
A lonG, lonely time
And time goes by so slowly 
And time can do so much
Are you still mine ?

I need your love,
I oh, I need your love
God speed your love to me. 
Wala lang. Natuwa lang kami sa kanta. Nang matapos na ang Unchained Melody, sinundan naman ito ng My Way ni Frank Sinatra. Lalo pa kaming natawa ni Kenneth. Biniro pa nga namin si Mr. Shahram na malas ang kantang ‘yan sa Pilipinas. Kapag may kumakanta ng My Way sa mga videoke, siguradong may masasaksak o may madidisgrasya. He found it funny also.


Kalaunan ay tila balewala na sa amin kung mabagal man ang daloy ng trapiko. Napansin na lang naming ang mga sarili naming na sumasabay na sa kantang My Way. At hindi lang basta kanta, bumibirit pa kaming tatlo! Pare-parehong walang pakialam kung maganda man o masagwang pakinggan ang mga boses naming. Basta ang alam lang namin ay nag-eenjoy kami sa sound trip naming. Natuwa din ako sa sarili ko, dahil ang mga kantang ito na minsan ay pinagtatawanan ko kapag nadidinig ko ay alam ko palang sabayan. Hindi ako mahilig sa mga classic songs, pero nung mapakinggan ko ang mga kantang ito, it was like… WOW!

Frank Sinatra
MY WAY

And now the end is near
And so I face the final curtain
My friend I'll say it clear
I'll state my case of which I'm certain

I've lived a life that's full
I traveled each and every highway
And more, much more than this
I did it my way

Regrets I've had a few
But then again too few to mention
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption

I planned each charted course
Each careful step along the byway
And more, much more than this
I did it my way

Yes there were times I'm sure you knew
When I bit off more than I could chew
But through it all when there was doubt
I ate it up and spit it out, I faced it all
And I stood tall and did it my way

I've loved, I've laughed and cried
I've had my fill, my share of losing
And now as tears subside
I find it all so amusing

To think I did all that
And may I say not in a shy way
Oh no, oh no, not me
I did it my way

For what is a man what has he got
If not himself then he has not
To say the things he truly feels
And not the words of one who kneels
The record shows I took the blows
And did it my way

Yes it was my way


Nang matapos na ang My Way ay sumunod naman ang Strangers In The Night na kanta din ni Sinatra. Lalo pa kaming ginanahan at sinasabayan pa ang beat ng kanta ng tapik sa hita at palakpak. Napapatingin na lang tuloy sa amin ang mga taong nakasakay sa mga sasakyang kasabay naming sa kalsada.



 STRANGERS IN THE NIGHT

Strangers in the night exchanging glances

Wond'ring in the night
What were the chances we'd be sharing love
Before the night was through.

Something in your eyes was so inviting,
Something in your smile was so exciting,
Something in my heart,
Told me I must have you.

Strangers in the night, two lonely people
We were strangers in the night
Up to the moment
When we said our first hello.
Little did we know
Love was just a glance away,
A warm embracing dance away and -

Ever since that night we've been together.
Lovers at first sight, in love forever.
It turned out so right,
For strangers in the night.

Love was just a glance away,
A warm embracing dance away -

Ever since that night we've been together.
Lovers at first sight, in love forever.
It turned out so right,
For strangers in the night.

Do dody doby do
do doo de la
da da da da ya



Pagkatapos ng Strangers In The Night ay sinundan naman ito ng Islands In The Stream na ang kumanta ay Bee Gees.


Bee Gees



ISLANDS IN THE STREAM



Baby when I met you

there was peace unknown


I set out to get you


with a fine tooth comb


I was soft inside


there was somethin' going on



You do something to me


that I can't explain


Hold me closer and I feel no pain


Every beat of my heart


We got somethin' goin on



Tender love is blind


It requires a dedication


All this love we feel


Needs no conversation


We ride it together, ah-ah


Makin' love with each other, ah-ah



Islands in the stream


That is what we are


No one in between


How can we be wrong?


Sail away with me to another world


And we rely on each other, ah-ah


From one lover to another, ah-ah





I can't live without you


if the love was gone


Everything is nothin'


if you got no one


And you did walk in tonight


slowly losing sight of the real thing



But that wont happen to us


and we got no doubt


Too deep in love and


we got no way out


and the message is clear


This could be the year


for the real thing



No more will you cry


Baby I will hurt you never


We start and end as one


in love forever


We can ride it together, ah-ah


Makin' love with each other, ah-ah


Sail away


Oh come sail away with me, with m


Sa sobrang enjoyment naming sa mga kanta, hindi naming namalayan na lumampas nap ala kami sa aming drop point.







Lampas na!









No comments:

Post a Comment